Robert Woodruff, MD
|Robert Woodruff, MD
Dr. Woodruff is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the back, neck, and spine. He began practicing at Thunder Basin Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in 2015.
After completing his bachelor of arts in psychology at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota, Dr. Woodruff then went on to receive his medical degree at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Once he obtained his medical degree, he underwent a residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. After completing his residency, Dr. Woodruff completed his fellowship in orthopaedic spine surgery at the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. He has special training and expertise in treating complex adult and pediatric spine deformity, sacroiliac (SI) joint pain, and all other aspects of spine care.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Woodruff enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, running, biking, and skiing.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate at Carleton College, Northfield, MN, 2000
- The University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN, 2006
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 2011
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Spine Surgery, Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX, 2012
Licensure and Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical License in Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nebraska
- Black Hills Surgical Hospital
- Rapid City Regional Hospital