Total Joint Replacements at Thunder Basin Orthopaedics
Experience expert care and exceptional results with our Total Joint Replacement procedures
Rediscover Your Active Lifestyle with A Total Joint Replacement
Total joint replacement, also known as arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure in which damaged or diseased joint surfaces are replaced with artificial components. Our expert orthopaedic surgeons utilize advanced surgical techniques and state-of-the-art prosthetic materials to ensure a successful and long-lasting result. The process typically involves the following steps:
- Pre-operative evaluation and planning: Our team will thoroughly assess your joint condition, medical history, and overall health to determine the best course of action for your specific needs.
- Anesthesia: The procedure is performed under general anesthesia or regional anesthesia, ensuring your comfort and safety throughout the surgery.
- Implant placement: Our skilled surgeons will carefully remove the damaged joint surfaces and replace them with high-quality prosthetic components, designed to mimic the natural movement of a healthy joint.
- Recovery and rehabilitation: Following surgery, you’ll receive personalized care and support from our dedicated team, including pain management, physical therapy, and guidance on how to maximize your recovery.
Conditions Treated by A Total Joint Replacement
Total joint replacements are designed to treat a variety of joint conditions that cause pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility. Some of the most common conditions treated by total joint replacements include:
Osteoarthritis: This degenerative joint disease occurs when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of bones wears down over time. Osteoarthritis is the most common reason for joint replacement surgery.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis causes chronic inflammation in the joints, leading to pain, swelling, and eventual joint damage. In severe cases, joint replacement may be necessary to alleviate pain and restore function.
Post-traumatic Arthritis: This form of arthritis develops after a joint injury, such as a fracture or dislocation. The damage to the joint can lead to a gradual breakdown of cartilage, necessitating joint replacement surgery.
Avascular Necrosis: This condition occurs when the blood supply to a bone is disrupted, causing the bone tissue to die and the joint to collapse. Total joint replacement can help restore joint function and relieve pain in these cases.
Joint Deformities: Some patients may have congenital or developmental joint deformities that cause pain and reduced mobility. Joint replacement surgery can correct these deformities and improve joint function.
If you’re experiencing joint pain or stiffness that affects your daily activities and quality of life, total joint replacement may be an appropriate treatment option. Our expert orthopaedic team at Thunder Basin Orthopaedics will thoroughly evaluate your condition and recommend the most suitable treatment plan to help you regain your mobility and enjoy a more active lifestyle.
Exceptional Patient Care
- Comprehensive pre-operative education to help you understand the procedure and set realistic expectations
- Personalized pain management strategies tailored to your needs and preferences
- A dedicated team of physical therapists to support your rehabilitation and help you regain strength and mobility
- Ongoing support and guidance to help you achieve the best possible long-term results
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Don’t let joint pain hold you back. Schedule a consultation with our expert orthopaedic surgeons at Thunder Basin Orthopaedics to explore your options for total joint replacement. Contact us today to take the first step towards a more active and pain-free life.